Contact & Requests
Requests for reviews:
I am accepting requests for book reviews, but please note the following:
- I generally do not accept nor review self-published materials
- Accepting a copy of a book for review does not guarantee a positive review
- Accepting a copy of a book in exchange for participating in a book/blog tour does not guarantee a positive review
- An Advanced Reading Copy (ARC), finished copy or digital galley of a title is accepted in exchange for an honest review; I do not receive any compensation from author(s) and/or publisher(s). All opinions and comments are my own.
- I will do my best to respond to requests for review in a timely manner; however
- I reserve the right not to respond to every request for review. If you do not receive a response within two to four weeks, it is likely I am not able to take your request.
- For various reasons regarding time constraints, I cannot promise a general guaranteed time frame/turnaround of publishing a review, however;
- If specifically asked by an author and/or publisher to aim for a particular date (e.g. for a blog tour, release date, etc.), I will do my best meet their request.
- Please take a look through the genres I like (listed further below) to get a sense of what books I typically read and/or review.
Disclosure of sources
Unless otherwise stated in a review/feature/spotlight or other post feature, books and/or materials have either been purchased by me or borrowed from my local public library.
Content & Copyright
All content, unless otherwise sourced or cited (e.g. quotes, comics, images, video clips, etc.), has been written and/or created by me. Some reviews had previously appeared on my former (now defunct) site, Fabbity Fab Book Reviews. Please do not use or reproduce reviews, book lists, or other site content without my permission and/or without proper citation to this site and author (Michelle @ Fab Book Reviews).
What genres of books do I generally read and/or review?
- board books
- picture books
- children’s fiction and children’s non-fiction (including graphic novels and comics)
- young adult fiction (including graphic novels)
- adult fiction and adult non-fiction (including graphic novels, literary graphic novels, comics, humour titles)
What’s my rating system for reviewed books?
Excellent, Very Good, Good, Okay, Poor
You will typically only see books featured that are tagged within the ‘Good’ to ‘Excellent’ rating. My time is limited, and what time I have for reading and reviewing I much prefer to spend on titles I am excited to talk about, want to recommend, and wish to share my thoughts on!