Top Ten Tuesday: Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults
Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week: Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults! With some favourite characters, like Mia Thermopolis, Jessica Darling, or Hermione Granger, I’ve had the tremendous luck to be able to follow them into adulthood AND love who they had become. Some characters that I love…well, I’m not sure I’d want to revisit as I genuinely want to leave them as I adore and remember them.
But who else would I like to revisit as an adult? In no particular order, here are my picks. The characters are mostly from the teen genre, some old and beloved favourites, and some wonderfully memorable characters from recently read stand-out YA:
- Anna Bloom from Julie Halpern’s Anna Bloom series
- Clarissa and Benji from Vikki VanSickle’s Clarissa Delaney series
- Hadley from Jennifer E. Smith’s The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
- Hermione and Polly from E.K. Johnston’s Exit, Pursued by a Bear. Recently read, I highly recommend this one; Hermione’s narrative voice was SO GOOD.
- Amanda Hardy from Meredith Russo’s If I Was Your Girl
- Elizabeth Clarry from Jaclyn Moriarty’s Feeling Sorry for Celia
- Jill and Mandy from Sara Zarr’s How to Save a Life
- Daisy and Hazel from Robin Stevens’ Wells and Wong mystery series
- Annabeth from Hilary T. Smith’s A Sense of the Infinite
- Henry from Susin Nielsen’s The Reluctant Journal of Henry K. Larsen
Which characters would you like to revisit?
Don’t forget to check out the post on The Broke and the Bookish and have a look at other great lists!